Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014

2014.
Happy New Year!
a few days late. 

I'm very excited to see what this year will have in store for me.
I already know it's going to be a BIG year.

I'm going to Spain in March,
I graduate in May, 
I turn 18 in July (I'm a baby),
And
I go to college in August!! 

So many exciting things happening for me, and I know that God will sprinkle in many, many more AWESOME things.
Because he's super cool like that. 
And there probably will be some icky stuff in there too, but that's okay because God is good, all the time.

Moving on.

I'm usually not one for new years resolutions.
I feel like they're made to last for 3 weeks, and then you revert back to your old habits. 
So I chose just three that I feel I can achieve over the course of the year.
1) Get closer to God.
(This is a lifelong journey, but in 2014 I hope to rely on and trust God more than ever before.)
2) Learn to be patient.
I used to be a very patient person. Some events in 2013 hardened my heart and  caused me to lose that, and this year I want it back. 
3) Read 25 books this year.
I love reading, and I feel like I never have time to. Then I realized that the reason for that is I use technology too much. Less technology, more reading!

So, Happy New Year! 
What are your resolutions? I'd love to hear. Leave me a comment!
(Actually, I'd love to know who reads my blog. My page views keep going up but I have no idea who is brave enough to read my crazy thoughts! Do me a favor and tell me who you are!)

1 comment:

  1. My resolutions are to be more loving with other people and more patient as well :)

    ReplyDelete