Friday, November 29, 2013

giving thanks

My blog has been completely neglected.
  I'm sorry, blog.
But I've been busy.

My Thanksgiving was GREAT! I drove up by myself to the Kruschke Thanksgiving in Belle Plaine while my family stayed home and went to Hansen Thanksgiving. I had a grand time, ate great food and connected with some family members I didn't know very well previously (I have a large family.)

For the rest of the weekend, I'll be in the cities with my cousin, her husband & babies! My cousin's baby daughter is my goddaughter!

This morning I went Black Friday shopping with my aunt. I scored some cute cute cute boots that were originally $100 for $25! I also bought some Isotoner mittens for only $15. Talk about a deal!


On the 26th of November, my sweet great grandpa Leo turned 96 YEARS OLD! Isn't that amazing? He still lives on his own and is totally with it. He amazes me & I hope I was blessed with his genes! 96 years- imagine all of the changes he's seen!
I love you so much, grandpa Leo!



This Thanksgiving, I'm especially thankful for God's healing in my grandma. She was diagnosed with both lymphoma and rectal cancer. The lymphoma is now cured, and the rectal cancer is on the right path to being cured. I'm so thankful that I got to spend another Thanksgiving with my grandma (& grandpa) and I hope we have many more Thanksgivings together!

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, enter his courts with praise. Bless his name, his holy name." Psalm 100:4

I'm thankful for my faith, my youth group, my amazing family, my friends (both old and new), my school, my job, my home and the fact that I PICKED A COLLEGE FOR NEXT FALL!!!
God has been doing such great things in my life lately! He is so good.

Happy Thanksgiving!
To whoever is reading this: I'm thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment