Tuesday, October 29, 2013

cross country

After seven
LONG
challenging
rewarding
amazing
fun
quick
years, 
my career as a TMB Panther Cross Country member is over.
And I am
happy
and 
sad
at the same time.

Cross country has taught me so many things,
determination
hard work
ambition
winning isn't everything
and I am really going to miss it.

Especially the
bus rides
races
stretching times
camaraderie with the team
inside jokes
and most importantly,
the memories

I am forever thankful 
for the time that I spent on this team
that I was voted captain my senior year
for the people who encouraged me along the way
the fact that I stuck with it for seven years
and that God gave me the ability to run.

This is another sad last that comes with being a senior.
But this doesn't mean that I am done running forever.
In fact, I've just begun.
(half marathon? marathon? various 5k's? we shall see.)

Photo credit: Deveraux Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment